Austin,

As far as I can tell, the event is being generated and processed... I
just can't act on the "new blip".  The event properties (blipId) has a
reference to the root blip and another property (newBlipId) which I
can only assume refers to the "blip in progress"  But even with that
id, I haven't been able to figure out how to grab a reference to this
new blip via the model and interact with its document.

When I test this code in the sandbox, the event fires whenever I
create a blip or even nested blips ... and is dumping log data into
App Engine.

If there is anything I can do to help confirm/debunk the existence of
the bug, let me know. Otherwise, I'll wait patiently to see if any
progress happens on the Google end.

Thanks!