Hi,

To debug your robot on your own machine, you can write a robot that forwards
all incoming requests to your machine.
That's what I did here: http://code.google.com/p/wave-proxy/ (see the wiki
page on how to use it).
Then you can run your robot inside Eclipse, for instance, and debug it...
There are a couple of drawbacks (you need a public IP address with port 80
open, the Wave request will timeout when you debug it, etc), but this has
been very useful in my case.

Cheers,
Christophe