I'm developing a robot that sends an email every time it receives a
BLIP_SUBMITTED event. It all works just fine except when there are
gadgets on the page that change the state. Some gadgets change the
state very often. For any state change google wave fires a
BLIP_SUBMITTED event and the robot sees this as a new message and
sends an email. Some gadgets (especially games) change the state with
a very high rate. Besides the BLIP_SUBMITTED the DOCUMENT_CHANGED
event and (sometime in the future) the GADGET_STATE_CHANGED are also
being triggered.

My question is then: Does it makes sense to fire the BLIP_SUBMITTED
event when a gadget changes it's state?

I think it should not. I've open a new issue here:
http://code.google.com/p/google-wave-resources/issues/detail?id=422
but I would like to hear others what they think about this.