Google wave is embedded into Google Contacts, so if there's a way to,
by url, add a contact to Google Contacts, just use that same idea, but
use: yourpseudo...@googlewave.com. And, upon next refresh, the person
that added you, should have you in their contact list. Of course, I
haven't seen any way to do this by clicking a link, but if you're
really into it, you could make a javascript bookmarklet to automate
the process via xmlhttprequests. This of course is most like a Rube
Goldberg machine.

Good luck in finding a way, and if you do, I'd be keen to see how it
is done (as that would be extremely useful, as you said).