I think it is very nice practice to provide test wave for your cool
wave gadgets/robots,
(with public and tagged testing) so that we have not to create alot of
empty waves just to see your stuff.

Suggestions:
Use some datepicker widget to enter dates. It is less then
userfriendly to enter dates manually.
The theme "start" at jqueryui.com/i is quite "wavy" to use.
You may use wave.getHost() == wave.getViewer() to check if the viewer
is one who inserted the gadget.

Maybe you'll find interesting my similar gadget here:
https://wave.google.com/a/wavesandbox.com/#restored:wave:wavesandbox.com!w%252Bau8gWqwuA.1
(oops, it seems not working for now :) i'll fix in few days)

Maybe you'll find usefull my timezone-aware Date prototype here:
http://code.google.com/p/serial-experiments-qmax/source/browse/zonaldate.js/trunk/zonaldate.js
(and i'd like to listen any suggestions how to inject this stuff
prototype into built-in Date proto)