Hi Pamela, thanks.

First of all apologies for not detecting more specifically the problem before.
It is easier to complain rather than work :-)
I think now that I know I can help.
In the url:

http://www.bubaproject.com/test.xml

you can see a test Gadget, it includes the library:

http://www.bubaproject.com/js/json2.js

It is originally from JSON.org and has been modified by the author of
jqgrid (Tony Tomov) for jqgrid.

This library makes that while Wave states work properly in Firefox 3
fail in Firefox 3.5 and Chrome.

I will try to avoid using this library, but it would be good to know
the reason for the failure.

Thanks again, Matias