Hello, googlers !

First of all, congratulations for you incredible work that'll bring
the Mindernet one step closer to us. ^^

I've recently been trying to use waves in my website as holders for
user-generated comments (and stuff). I've been facing many challenges
doing so, and some still instill a great deal of doubt regarding their
feasability. Searches, doc and manual hadn't the truth in them (well,
they had different ones, more precisely), so I'm asking here and
crossing my fingers both for an answer and for that answer to be the
one I want ;)

As I needed my webapp to create at least one wave per object to be
commented on I figured I'd find some way creating a robot that'll ask
my webapp for waves pending creation, create the waves and report
their urls back. I have not done that entirely yet, but I think it
might be possible, if not pretty. That's not the subject, so whatever.

The next uncertain task was to grant public access to all waves, which
I at first thought could be done by adding the infamous
pub...@a.gwave.com. Can't. All robot-created waves (let's say
thousands of them) would show up out of context in the with:public
search on your magnificent web interface. And that is a problem, cause
flash-floods ain't the way of a true virtual gentleman. So I said
"what the hell, i'll host my own wave server !". It's kinda as easily
done than said, and that's rare ! Let me repeat it : good work ! I had
the server and the command-line client working in a matter of minutes,
I toyed around a bit with it, and then I tried to somehow get my waves
from my own cherished server into the browser. I thought many a
developer would have achieved that by now ; I then read that it wasn't
quite ready, but I also read this message (http://groups.google.com/
group/google-wave-api/browse_thread/thread/
ab058de47a22b014/9f1fbe8abaf631db?lnk=gst&q=cordys#9f1fbe8abaf631db).

I sounded like someone achieved to change the wavepanel origin and the
server name, and Pamela hinted she managed it too.
I spent quite some time trying to embed the waves of my localhost wave
server on a webpage, using the embed API. I tried many combinations
for the WavePanel() and LoadWave() parameters. Hair puller.

I'm running Karmic with XAMPP. Curiously, the wave server crashes (it
shows an error log but still run) each time I access it through http
(port 9090). Something about Java heap size being not enouh, and the
java -Xms32m -Xmx128m fix found (through google, is it necessary to
mention it ;) is not working. I do not know if this has anything to do
with the rest.

I don't know anymore if I'm running in circles or after un unreachable
carrot.

Therefore, I'm asking the big question : can I pull waves from a
custom local server into the web embed API ?
Can those waves be made public too ? (without them showing in the
with:public)

Thanks for your time and attention,

Antoine