What happened is that Mia is using Microsoft Outlook, and has the "Reply
Receipts" feature enabled. When she decided to delete the referenced email,
without reading it, Outlook automatically sent the sender (
google-wave-api@googlegroups.com) an email telling us that.

It's a useful feature, although it doesn't play well with mailing lists and
google groups.

 - Stephen