You can try comparing your oauth setup with the Buggy source code -

http://google-wave-resources.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/samples/extensions/robots/java/buggy/src/robot/Buggy.java

Buggy has logic to switch between sandbox and preview so it should
help you to see which step you are missing in setting up your auth
stuff.

Austin