I think this is a general problem with URL.openConnection() where you don't
explicitly grab the input stream and close it.  I think my change should be
safe since ultimately I'm reading lastModified from File and ZipEntry, not
URLConnection.
BTW: I think URLConnection actually does reclaim the FD if/when the
connection is finalized on most platforms.