On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Eric Ayers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 9:13 AM, Miguel Méndez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 5:37 PM, Eric Ayers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> M      maps/maps/src/com/google/gwt/maps/client/geom/Bounds.java
>>>
>> 37 - This Bounds construction is not part of the Maps API proper and it is
>> only called from our test code.  Do we still need it?
>>
> I added this as a convenience, because I was tired of constructing JsArrays
> over and over in the test code.  It results in compiled code just as tight
> or tighter (if you don't already have Point objects made).  We could add a
> 3rd constructor with 2 point objects.

Sounds like it should be in the test code then.  If anything you could
create a variadic method to take Point arguments and return a
JsArray<Point>.  I would not worry about a third constructor for now.

>> 105, 114, 123, 132 - Should get[Max|Min][X|Y] just return doubles?  The JS
>> API just states that this is a Number however the documentation would lead
>> you to believe that it is really an integer value.  It seems like the safest
>> thing to do would be to use a double.  Maybe Pam could shed some light?
>>  This would call into question the newPoint method.
>>

> This sounds familiar - have we been through this before?  Along with Point,
> this object represents pixels on the screen.  Of course, JS doesn't have an
> integer type, but I see in the JS code that pixel values (stored in the
> Bounds object) are looped through with for loops with operators like x++ and
> y--, indicating to me they are intended to be integers.

We have been through this before, but it seems that every instance in the
maps API is unique.  ++ and -- are valid for floating point also it might be
more illuminating to look at the terminating condition for the loop.  Better
yet, just double check with Pam.

--
Miguel