> If that kind of functionality is not going to be implemented then I
> need at least an API to be able to encode a serializable object into a
> Form input field and output field. Since RPC already has serialisation/
> deserialisation it would be great if I could just reuse that code,
> without the need to start copying and modifying code from the gwt-
> user.jar. With this little building block I can clean up my code and
> remove any possible hacking with GWT.

MyServiceAsync async = GWT.create(MyRpcService.class);
StreamWriter w = ((SerializationStreamFactory) async).createStreamWriter();
w.writeObject(any object that the async interface could send to the server);
String payload = w.toString();
form.setHiddenField(payload);

on the server, use the RPC utility class to decode the object.

--
Bob Vawter
Google Web Toolkit Team