Ray C.,

No worries. We are planning to land a pure java code path through
event dispatch code. My real objection in the review, which Emily and
Ray forced out of me, is that we have never enumerated goals and use
cases around sharing GWT-java code with other Java contexts. I want to
make sure we have a good sense of what we want to accomplish with
these because it is very easy to continue to slip in a change here and
a change there to the point where you have no idea what part of the
library can run in what context.

So the plan is to land the implementation as is, but officially, the
fact that there is a java code path through the event dispatch is
really just happenstance. Meaning that we're not committing to support
it quite yet. Ray Ryan is going to assemble a bit more vision around
testability and mockability of GWT apps and libraries so that going
forward we'll have a lot more guidance when we face these decisions.

/kel

--
If you received this communication by mistake, you are entitled to one
free ice cream cone on me. Simply print out this email including all