On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 5:12 PM, BobV <b...@google.com> wrote:

> My original solution to the ClassCircularityError was to implement
> an ASM visitor that added or modified a class's static initializer to
> call over to CCL.injectJsni().  This ensured that the Class was
> fully-reified before any attempt at dispId assignment was attempted.
> Even though it is mechanically more complicated than performing
> injection from within findClass(), it is conceptually easier to reason
> about the timing.

I think this also fits well with Instant Hosted Mode, though it seems a
large enough chunk of work to perhaps wait for higher-priority tasks.  I
assume this would work for non-OOPHM hosted mode as well, right?

> Given that we now require the user to specify all modules to be
> loaded on the command-line of hosted mode, it is now feasible to
> compute all JSNI code that might be reachable from the entry point.
> As long as we're careful not to prematurely trigger class
> initialization, we could inject all JSNI in one fell swoop, but at the
> cost of injecting more code than we otherwise would into the browser.

That is only true once we abandon GwtShell, right?

--
John A. Tamplin
Software Engineer (GWT), Google