This seems like the right model of behavior. I wonder if we could figure out
a way to tweak the API exposing the behavior though  when you get back from
vacation?  As a user, I think I might get confused by the interactions of
setAlwaysAutoHide(), setAutoHidePartner,
setAutoHide(true/false),isAutoHideEnabled(), and isAlwaysAutoHide(), so I'm
hoping there is a way to represent the same information with fewer moving
parts.

       Cheers,

              Emily

--
"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand
binary, and those who don't"