Team and contributors -

Does anyone have a good method for deprecating non-Java files, such as
images?

=========
I recently updated the GWT style themes, so some of the IE6 specific images
are no longer necessary.  However, some people might be inheriting just the
StandardResources and using those images with a custom version of the
standard.css style sheet, so we can't just delete theme without notice.

I'm sending this out to gwt-contrib because it seems like somebody might
have run into a similar scenario at some point.

Proposals:
========
1. Don't delete them - its rare that we need to delete non-Java public files
(really, it only applies to public files), so we could just let these
orphaned files live into infinity and beyond (Buzz Lightyear style).  While
this goes against my "clean it up" engineering mentality, it doesn't break
anyone's code.

2. Include a list of deprecated files in to the release notes.  This is a
great way to inform people... who read the release notes.  It also give
people a full release to update their styles or copy the files.

Thanks,
John LaBanca
jlaba...@google.com