Ray nailed it mostly. You can (as of 5 minutes ago) clip from a source
image in GWTCanvas. However, you will notice that GWTCanvas
drawImage() expects a regular ImageElement.

ImageBundle uses background image slicing and other trickery that
varies by browser. You can do some magic to tease the underlying DOM
element out of an ImageBundle's AbstractImagePrototype for a specific
image, but you have no guarantee as to what exactly that DOM element
is. For example, on IE the DOM structure is totally different.

What you could do is use GWTCanvas to clip out the actual image that
the ImageBundle generator spits out. But you would need to first get a
hold of it as a regular ImageElement which means knowing the URL to
the image and loading it. If I am not mistaken that file is named
according to its hash string (?), so you would need some means of
grabbing the URL of the generated ImageBundle image.

So in other words, you can't use GWTCanvas with ImageBundles or
AbstractImagePrototype directly, BUT you can use it on an image that
has been bundled together.

-Jaime