On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Lex Spoon <sp...@google.com> wrote:
> Here's the latest patch.  Note that it includes an implicit test of
> the default impl via StringBufferDefaultImplTest, due to the way the
> patch modifies EmulSuiteUnknownAgent.gwt.xml.

Okay, I showed it to Kelly in person, and--correct me if I
misunderstand, Kelly--he thinks this implementation looks good as a
cross-browser default.

John, can you review the rest of the patch  for me?  It's a bunch of
little changes:

Core inherits HTTP, so that runAsync will be able to use it.
The default implementation of RequestBuilder uses the old IE implementation.
The IE RequestBuilder impl is deleted.
A non-IE RequestBuilder impl is added.  It uses the old default implementation.
The deferred bindings in HTTPRequest.gwt.xml are updated.
The deferred bindings in EmulSuiteUnknownAgent.gwt.xml are updated.

Here's the cross-browser implementation, just to get more eyes on it:

  protected native JavaScriptObject doCreateXmlHTTPRequest() /*-{
    if ($wnd.XMLHttpRequest) {
      return new XMLHttpRequest();
    } else {
      try {
        return new ActiveXObject('MSXML2.XMLHTTP.3.0');
      } catch (e) {
        return new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
      }
    }
  }-*/;

-Lex