As I said my application has many other libs, including xerces (and spring,
hibernate, aspectJ ...) so there is MANY reason for me to have another SAX
parser in my classpath.
The issue here is that in my case I can manually put the parser in
web-inf/lib, but the maven plugin is expected to automagically configure the
project, and has no simple way to detect what is the SAX parser used when
running the project.

Another option (that works) is to force use of the default SAX parser
using
-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl
JVM option, but this has the side effect to require the SUN JVM. What about
Jrockit fans ?

Nicolas