I am struggeling a bit with the issue I posted here:
http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit/browse_thread/thread/0c7013c88ff9f20b

I would like to know if it would be possible to solve this with GWT
before posting a RFC in the issue tracker.

Would it even be possible to support the JRE WeakReference object? or
in someway the weak listener support like done in Swing?

I think this is getting a bigger issue now that GWT is getting more
used to make more advanced enterprise-like applications.

My experience: In simple applications it's no problem to clean up your
own objects and listeners, but in more advanced applciations that I am
building nowadays with GWT, I noticed that this is a serious drawback
and it's very "easy" to great memory leaks.

Please some feedback on this.

-- Ed