I've deprecated the public ImmutableResourceBundle interfaces in the
incubator project to encourage users to migrate to the ClientBundle
series of interfaces that are now part of GWT trunk.  The IRB code in
the incubator project will not be removed for the foreseeable future,
but all future development will take place in trunk.

A summary of the user-visible changes is in the following wiki page:

http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/ClientBundle#Migrating_from_ImmutableResourceBundle

ClientBundle and IRB can be compiled into the same module, however the
data-types are not generally interchangeable, nor will a hybrid
approach necessarily yield optimal results.  If you have any
significant difficulties migrating your code base from
ImmutableResourceBundle to ClientBundle, let me know.

--
Bob Vawter
Google Web Toolkit Team