On 2009/04/14 18:39:37, jgw wrote:
> scottb:
> > That implies you'd want to remove it from GWTCompiler, right?

> I haven't really looked into this much -- I just needed it to work for
my own
> soyc efforts. It appears from looking at the code that Compiler and
Precompile
> are entirely separate entry points. This begs several questions:
> - Why would I want to remove it from GWTCompiler?
> - Why would I *not* want to have a -soyc option in Compiler?
> - Would it even *work* to add -soyc to Precompile? I thought soyc
wouldn't even
> work with sharded compiles (correct me if I'm wrong).

Sorry, lemme clarify that:

Both GWTCompiler.ArgProcessor and Compiler.ArgProcessor extend
Precompile.ArgProcessor.  I'm saying the right move here is to simply
hoist the line from GWTCompiler.ArgProcessor into the superclass so that
all of them get it.

Soyc is a JJSOption, it should work fine passed to Precompile.  If that
is not true, something is badly broken.

> Also @scottb: I know Rietveld is kind of a pain, but if you don't mind
> responding from the UI, it will make a much more coherent thread.
kthxbai :)

I agree with you that Rietveld is kind of a pain. ;)

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/22802