Hey Matt,

Unfortunately, it's not currently possible to specify arguments to the
JVM that runs the GWT compile.  We're aware of the demand for this
feature though, so expect it in a future release.

As an absolute workaround, could you rename your java binary and
create a shell script in its place that launches the real java binary
with whichever args you want (prepended to the args given to the shell
script)?

jason