Yes, and yes. I've got it working, though I'm still not 100% happy with the
API, as I mentioned earlier. Now I'm trying to actually back into a design
document :)
As a small teaser, the basic approach is to take advantage of the simple
constraint system (probably accidentally) created by CSS like this:

.rule {
  position: absolute;
  left: 0; right: 0;
  top: 0; bottom: 0;
}

You can create various constraints by mixing pairs of values, like {left,
right}, {left, width}, and {right, width}. You can also use any units you
want, which is great for dealing with font-size changes and the like. It's
actually not too far from what you get from the mac's InterfaceBuilder.

There's a bit more magic to make it deal properly with arbitrary margin,
border, and padding, and IE6 support is really hard, but does finally work.