John's second point is perhaps most important: the size of your compile-time
classpath is irrelevent to your deployment.  Once compiled, GWT spits out a
collection of javascript files and other resources (from your modules'
public resources, generated resource bundles, RPC serialization policy
files, etc.)  That output, and any server-side code you need (which probably
needs gwt-servlet.jar, but not incubator.jar), is all you deploy.

In other words, after compilation, the client doesn't need, use, or want the
Java sources.