Hi Bod and Dan,

Very happy to see that this issue is on its way to be solved :)
Nevertheless, I think it would be useful if JDO management code and
RPC serialization can be separated : instead of having

for (Class iface : interfaces) {
    if ("javax.jdo.spi.Detachable".equals(iface.getName())) {
    // JDO specific code
    }
}

a code like this would be better :

for (Class iface : interfaces) {
    if (this.serializationTransformer.isTransformable(iface)) {
        serializationTransformer.transform(instanceClass);
    }
}

where JDO specific code is encapsulated in a specific code.
As another side benefit, this mechanism could be used to enhance GWT
serialization process for any other persistence library.

HTH
Bruno