Updated.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/24
File dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/javac/ArtificialRescueChecker.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/24#newcode282
Line 282: return "Cannot refer to fields on " + "array or primitive
types";
On 2009/07/03 04:23:38, scottb wrote:
> Why split?

I had used the "extract method" refactoring and promptly forgot about
reformatting the message.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/24#newcode313
Line 313: private boolean allowArtificialRescue = true;
Done.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/26
File dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/jdt/AbstractCompiler.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/26#newcode504
Line 504: protected String[]
doFindAdditionalTypesUsingArtificialRescues(
Done.

Can you publish your eclipse warnings/errors settings?

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/29
File dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/jjs/ast/HasArtificialRescues.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/29#newcode25
Line 25: public interface HasArtificialRescues {
Only because when I started I wasn't sure if it the annotation would be
on just types, methods, or both.

Removed.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/30
File dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/jjs/ast/JDeclaredType.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/30#newcode35
Line 35: * The other nodes that this node should implicitly rescue.
Done.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/31
File dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/jjs/ast/JField.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/31#newcode82
Line 82: public void setDisposition(Disposition disposition) {
No longer necessary based on your other comments; Changes to this file
have been reverted.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/32
File dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/jjs/ast/JProgram.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/32#newcode914
Line 914: if ("Z".equals(className) || "boolean".equals(className)) {
Primitives are illegal rescues, but array types can be rescued;

B extends A;

If an RPC type uses A[], then we need to make sure that the compiled
module also includes support for B[].

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/32#newcode1086
Line 1086: visitor.accept(new ArrayList<JArrayType>(allArrayTypes));
This is no longer necessary.

Reverting all changes to JProgram.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/34
File dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/jjs/impl/GenerateJavaAST.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/34#newcode2512
Line 2512: field.setDisposition(JField.Disposition.VOLATILE);
It's no longer necessary given the current implementation of
CFA.rescue(JReferenceType) which handles fields.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/34#newcode2520
Line 2520: outer : for (String methodName : methods) {
Both the methods and fields loops have been collapsed into a single
loop.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/34#newcode2980
Line 2980: * @param goldenCuds TODO
Unthreaded.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/36
File dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/jjs/impl/Pruner.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/36#newcode147
Line 147: boolean pruned;
On 2009/07/03 04:23:38, scottb wrote:
> LG, but separate commit, right?

Yes; existing logic was hard to keep straight.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/38
File dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/js/ast/JsFunction.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/38#newcode128
Line 128:
Fixed.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/39
File dev/core/super/com/google/gwt/core/client/ArtificialRescue.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/39#newcode26
Line 26: * of the deRPC code and its use by third parties is not
supported.
On 2009/07/03 04:23:38, scottb wrote:
> There's also a core.client.impl package, would that be more
appropriate?

Moved.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/39#newcode29
Line 29: @Retention(RetentionPolicy.SOURCE)
On 2009/07/03 04:23:38, scottb wrote:
> Is this going to jive with IHM?  I could foresee needed classfile
retention.

Fixed.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/39#newcode40
Line 40: String className();
Class literals have language access restrictions.  The original version
did use class literals, but you can't legally to package-protected inner
types from code outside the package. Then you'd wind up with rescuer
types all over the place, instead of being able to generate exactly one
rescuer per RemoteService (making manual verification of rescued types
easier).

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/40
File
dev/core/test/com/google/gwt/dev/javac/ArtificialRescueCheckerTest.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/40#newcode25
Line 25: private StringBuilder targetClass;
Done.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/41
File dev/core/test/com/google/gwt/dev/javac/CheckerTestCase.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801/diff/1041/41#newcode95
Line 95: }
I don't know why, but it just works.  Is it the use of the import
statements?

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/46801