On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 10:11 AM, <kpro...@google.com> wrote:

> I see two options: a) a
> full-blown query language (far off, but would be very cool), or b) a UI
> driven by use cases and/or specific questions, which we spell out
> explicitly for the user, either in the UI itself or else in an
> accompaying doc. What do you think?

We can break it into phases. For GWT 2.0, we ought to polish up the
aesthetics of what we already have. Post-2.0, I think a query language makes
the most sense, but only if it is a reasonable amount of effort (a few
weeks). Once we have a query engine on SOYC data, then we can build any kind
of out-of-the-box HTML reports we want, formulated as a set of canned
queries.