GWT contribs,

I must say I am a bit disappointed with the support for IE7 in GWT
1.7.0.
In an enterprise environment IE7 is used a lot more than IE8, but GWT
still treats it as ie6 and ie8 gets first class support.

Take a look at these 2 issues:
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=3589
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=3588

Both were marked for Milestone 1_6_1 but do not seem to be fixed in
this release.

The IE6 workarounds really have a huge impact on IE7: big memory leaks
when using ImageBundles or very bad performance when you use a lot of
popup panels in an SSL environment. I hacked GWT 1.5 a bit to disable
these 2 tricks on IE7 and it makes a huge difference.

Will these bugs be fixed in GWT 2.0 or do I have to wait until IE8 or
something else becomes mainstream in enterprise environments (in 3
years or so ?)

David