Gin is doing

Constructor<? extends GinModule> constructor =
moduleClassName.getDeclaredConstructor();
      try {
        constructor.setAccessible(true);
        return new GinModuleAdapter(constructor.newInstance());
      } finally {
        constructor.setAccessible(false);
      }

If I understand what you are saying is something along the lines of

moduleClassName = context.getSpecialClassLoader().loadClass(...);

but the new GinModuleAdapter would blow up. Since GinModuleAdapter is
loaded by SystemCL and is expecting GinModule also loaded from SCL but
it would get an instance of GinModule from SpecialCL. What am I
missing?