Cool.  Then another question about the future of the new layout
system.  Is the current thinking that eventually it *will* replace all
of the older panels?  I mean, is there buy-in at Google that that is a
desired track for this project.  Or will the new layout system remain
parallel to the original?  Also, is it possible to re-write StackPanel
etc. to be compatible with the new system so that people have a
migration?  I don't personally care about migration, because I'm
starting nearly from scratch, but I don't want to adopt a "side-car"
layout system that doesn't have a track into the mainline of GWT.

Thanks for your answers and your efforts.  If there is anything I can
do to help, let me know, I will be glad to pitch in a hand with some
layouts or UIBinder parsers etc. if you are willing to give direction.

Brett