On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Scott Blum <sco...@google.com> wrote:

> I do agree with John that we should really discuss how this can be
> implemented.

It's already implemented!

>  Is there some magic trick to make the browser execute a piece of code at
> the time you want, or do we need to go and modify all our event code (like
> with the global uncaught exception handler)?

No trick, it's as bad as you'd hope it wasn't. On the positive side, it's
already been done -- I'm just augmenting the tests for the various
subsystems such as RequestBuilder and event dispatching to make sure we
tighten the correctness noose as much as possible.

Longer term, Bob and I both would really like to find a general mechanism
for making this pattern easy to do from any path into a GWT module from "the
outside", exactly along the lines of what Matt was talking about. I think
rolling this functionality into gwt-exporter (and then rolling that sort of
functionality directly into GWT proper) will get us pretty far down the
road.

Code review request forthcoming, possibly tomorrow.

-- Bruce