Hi,

UiBinder does an awesome job of creating type safe code, but it doesn't do a
whole lot for functional testing using a client like selenium. Specifying
the debugId parameter in the *.ui.xml helps, but UiBinder can do a lot more.

For eg, UiBinder knows that the id has been provided for a button. So, it
could easily generate a Selenium specific java class with the methods
'clickXXXButton()' where xxx is the ID. For things like text boxes, it could
have auto-generated enterXXX() methods.

The advantage of this is that the compiler would throw errors if someone
inadvertently changes the id of a field - the test code Also, the test case
becomes more readable and maintainable.

I am about to implement something on the above lines, but wanted to know if
has anybody has done anything similar before. Would save me some effort..

Also, I read a few days ago that the GWT team were working on a HtmlUnit
based testing methodology, and I was not sure if the above approach would
become useless once that got released.

Thoughts/Comments?

--sri