At risk of stating the obvious, note that svn/tools (which is commonly in a
sibling directory to your trunk checkout) is not the same as svn/trunk/tools
(which is a child directory of your trunk checkout).  Both need to be
up-to-date.

But if Papick got the non-sample code to build, I would have thought that
suggested his GWT_TOOLS directory was up-to-date.  I just point this out
'cause it's a common confusion when we say "make sure tools is
up-to-date"....