http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/78820/diff/1/2
File user/javadoc/com/google/gwt/examples/TabLayoutPanelExample.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/78820/diff/1/2#newcode41
Line 41: rp.layout();
I wonder if we could tie into the FinallyCommand mechanism to automate
and batch these initial layout calls? Not today, obviously, but food for
thought.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/78820/diff/1/4
File user/src/com/google/gwt/user/client/ui/TabLayoutPanel.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/78820/diff/1/4#newcode61
Line 61: */
When I provide my own widget, will it be able to receive events? E.g.,
will I be able to implement a tab with a close box on it?

We had talked about allowing the client to provide a tab factory. Why
didn't that work out?

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/78820/diff/1/4#newcode387
Line 387: public void setTabHTML(int index, String text) {
I'd still rather see something like:

panel.getTab(i).setHTML(), etc. You'd have so many fewer methods.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/78820