On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 4:47 PM, aris <ari09845...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just recompiled from SVN and now I get this error, but it doesn't
> say where in my code is the problem... is there anything I could try?

Somehow there is a class which was detected as a local or inner class that
does not actually have a synthetic constructor parameter for the containing
class -- this would almost certainly be a bug in the recently added code to
build TypeOracle from bytecode rather than JDT parse trees.

The easiest way to do this would be to add at line 60 in
CollectMethodData.java the following:

if (argTypes.length < 1) {
  throw new IllegalStateException("Missing synthetic argument to
constructor");
}

and set a breakpoint on the throw.  When you hit it, go up the callstack to
CollectClassData and see what the value of name is there -- that will give
you the class which is causing the problem.

To fix it, I will probably need the source and bytecode (or the source for
the transitive dependencies so I could build it).  If that is acceptable, I
can get you a patch to dump the bytecode to disk.  If you can't share the
code, perhaps you could distill a minimal test case that triggers the bug
that you could send.  Please reply off-list to make arrangements.

--
John A. Tamplin
Software Engineer (GWT), Google