LGTM, with a few nits. Also, I didn't understand why you changed a bunch
of things in SwingUI to run on the UI thread. What was the specific
reason for this?

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/111809/diff/1/6
File dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/SwingUI.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/111809/diff/1/6#newcode178
Line 178: ModuleHandle handle = invokeAndGet(new
Callable<ModuleHandle>() {
Why do you want to do this work on the UI thread?

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/111809/diff/1/3
File dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/shell/ShellMainWindow.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/111809/diff/1/3#newcode254
Line 254: if (launcher == null || selectedUrl == null) {
Change this to an assert perhaps?

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/111809/diff/1/2
File dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/shell/jetty/JettyLauncher.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/111809/diff/1/2#newcode84
Line 84: logStatus = TreeLogger.TRACE;
Thanks for taking care of this. To be clear, this means that we don't
want to have the 404 for favicon show up in the Swing UI either, right?

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/111809/diff/1/7
File dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/ui/DevModeUI.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/111809/diff/1/7#newcode126
Line 126: * Indicates that module load is complete, and that URLs
previously specified
Naming suggestion - this really means that the modules have been
processed, right? Might want to clarify this in the doc, though the
method name can remain the same.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/111809