Comment by key...@gmail.com:

I am experiencing really slow times (30-40 seconds) when I refresh the page
on safari or firefox. It almost seems to recompile the full app every
single time I hit refresh. I don't even change anything, and this the app
you get when you create new Web App in eclipse. Meanwhile the browser hangs
like it's supposed to when making a synchronous server request.

Specs: Eclipse 3.5, Mac OS 10.6, Java 6 64-bit (tried with 32-bit 5 and 6),
GWT 2.0 RC2 and GPE 1.2 RC2 (tried RC1 for both of those too.

For more information:
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/GWT_2_0_RC