Weird. Can you send a sample?

One other thing to consider -- you haven't by any chance attached the widget
to the document body directly, like this, have you?
  Document.get().getBody().appendChild(myWidget.getElement());

I know it sounds a bit strange, but this pops up fairly often. It will cause
events to break because the widgets all see themselves as unattached, and
thus never hook up their event handlers.