i'm only chiming in on the 3 letters RFC in the topic.

the usecases being described as a point of deliberation, defining dependancies,
repository access, and bundling automation, are well solved items in the maven
stable.  how hard can it be to define a multiproject descriptor, assign
"channels" of build-stage progression, and have a top-level project build
coordinated by one maven instance publish artifacts to sucessive build-channels
served elsewhere by daemons which trigger maven sub-builds?

even if a GWT build is not in itself a maven project, there's very few reasons
why a synthetic maven pom cannot be fashioned for a build-node graph to unify
conventions of scm, artifact, versioning, and build hooks to prior documented
art and tools.