If you need to swap out two different complex event handling modes of
a widget (where say, a half dozen different events are being
monitored), I think it is too complex to remove all the old handlers
and add new ones every time, I also think overriding onBrowserEvent is
kind of tedious and limited, since every time you need to change the
set being nullified or altered, you need to edit the method.

Consider a paint program with a paint widget, where, depending on
which tool is selected (clone, crop, airbrush, etc) a different set of
event handlers will be active. On some, you may care about drag, or
keyboard, or mouse wheel, or others, you don't.

You could of course write an object that absorbs all the events and
re-routes/broadcasts them as needed, but then all you've done is
simply re-invent HandlerManager and called it 'EventRouter' or some
subject.

Ray * Ray = Ray ^2

:)