I've seen many questions on the net on how to enable cross-domain
requests with GWT, and most of the solutions I've seen mentioned has
been less efficient than what I know the easyXDM library can offer.

For those who has never heard of it, easyXDM is a library that
conveniently abstracts away all the hassle of hash/fragments,
window.name and postMessage, and that exposes a simple and reliable
Socket that allows strings to be passed between two documents (no
reloads, so both documents can keep state).
Whatever kind of transport being used internally (based on what the
browser offers etc) the stack will provide _reliability_, queuing (and
fragmenting if necessary) and security.

Whats interesting with the library is that it also contains an Rpc
class, that allows you to invoke methods, with complex arguments
(JSON), and with or without return values.

>From the consumers calling an RPC method is as easy as doing
//set up rpc object, only a few simple lines
var rpc = new easyXDM.Rpc(...

rpc.nameOfMethod(arg1, arg2, arg3, function
methodToHandleResponse(response){
});

Why don't you give it a try?
The library has several easy to follow examples at http://easyxdm.net/;