On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Lex Spoon <sp...@google.com> wrote:

> Interesting subthreads aside, does the change in this patch LGT everyone?

I don't know enough to comment, so FHMP.

> Well, not if we are using it in contexts where it is expected to be all
>> digits, as in the original bug.
>>

> True.
>
> In this particular subthread, the context is JsToStringVisitor. This class
> already discards whitespace and drops comments.  It also does rewrites such
> as 1.23456E5 to 123456, and those are more than fine. Emit it whichever way
> is shortest.

I was specifically talking about our JRE emulation, which is where
String.valueOf comes in.  I am wondering if we have a similar problem to the
problem you are fixing in the compiler -- ie, someone does
setWidth(String.valueOf(width) + "px"), is it possible the resulting string
will be "2e10px" etc, which will be totally wrong?

--
John A. Tamplin
Software Engineer (GWT), Google