Allahbaksh,

That seems like it would be useful, though looking at the code I'm a little
wary as to whether it works in all circumstances (font-size changes, etc).
The first step would be to convert it to Java (usually pretty
straightforward) and test it under all the circumstances you can think of --
change the font-size, resize the element, try it on all browsers, and so
forth.

Cheers,
joel.