Nicolas,
  Sorry I didn't give you a heads up, I had to patch some things at
the last minute for Google I/O Keynote, and I did not think there was
sufficient time to turn around a patch and get it committed, so
temporarily, there's a forked maven plugin (the version # 1.3.1.google
should give it away that it's s one-off), but in due time, after I
decompress from I/O, I'll send you my changes, and you can tell me if
they're necessary or not, or if there is an alternative workaround.

-Ray