While you're in here, any chance you could do something more sane to
JUnitHostImpl's failure mode when it can't deserialize an exception
(this happens 100% of the time when testing with no metadata).

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/632802/diff/1/2
File dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/DevMode.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/632802/diff/1/2#newcode428
dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/DevMode.java:428:
getTopLogger().log(TreeLogger.ERROR, "Port "
I have to agree.. what's the impetus to change having this just spit
directly to stderr?

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/632802/diff/1/5
File user/src/com/google/gwt/junit/RunStyleHtmlUnit.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/632802/diff/1/5#newcode92
user/src/com/google/gwt/junit/RunStyleHtmlUnit.java:92: }
+1

Or else.... should we be serving up application/javascript these days?

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/632802/show