LGTM

I'm inclined to say that the multiple cancels case results in
arbitrary output,
since that's all we've offered internally for quite a while and no one
has
complained.

Ok.

Seems like following your GWT.create suggestion, and the existence of
the
delegate hook itself are enough protection. Adding the rebind rule
seems like
belts, suspenders *and* sansa-belt pants.

You can never have too many ways of keeping your pants where they
belong.

    * Create a new PlaceController with a {...@link DefaultDelegate}.
    * The DefaultDelegate is created via a call to GWT.create(), so
    * an alternative default implementation can be provided
    * <replace-with> rules in a gwt.xml file.

SGTM.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/698801/show