On 8/6/10 2:44 PM, Chris Ramsdale wrote:
Hey GWT(ers),

I've heard from many of you that GWT apps simply don't look that good out of the box, and styling the default app would go a long way. We couldn't agree more. As some of you know, GWT 2.1 (with the help of Spring Roo 1.1) will generate a full-fledged scaffolding app that users can then go customize, and build on top of. The current incarnation looks like this:

http://gwt-bikeshed.appspot.com/Scaffold.html

And while it's a start, it's long from being...well...good looking. I'm working with some UI/UX people back at Google, but in the spirit of openness I wanted to get feedback from the real users -- you. Specifically we're looking for "business" apps that are a good example of UI and/or UX. Apps that allow you to track tasks, expenses, travel, projects, etc.

If you have ideas, simply post a link in a follow-up to this thread.
I think Aristo looks nice: http://www.antipode.ca/2009/themes-sproutcore-vs-cappuccino/

And there's a CSS implementation: http://github.com/maccman/aristo