Daniel,

Which HTML5 features are you thinking of emulating on older browsers? It
seems to me that the only ones realistically emulatable are a few of the
input types -- most of the stuff like canvas, audio/video, et al would be
impossible without direct browser support. It might be kind of possible to
support a few of the things like local storage, but it would have to depend
on an ugly combination of flash/gears. Is this the kind of thing you're
thinking of?

Cheers,
joel.