The javadoc wording can probably be improved. Comments welcome.

Essentially, what the javadoc wants to capture is specified in the test:
com.google.gwt.requestfactory.client.RequestFactoryTest::testStableId()
Btw, stableId() call on an EntityProxy should never return null. Can you
post a reproducible test case?